HOGENT is a major player in the field of applied research and research in the arts. HOGENT is involved in many national and international initiatives and research projects and is actively looking for new opportunities.
HOGENT has a pool of hundreds of motivated experts. A mix of business experts, environmental technologists, landscape architects, healthcare professionals, (bio)engineers, etc. A team of committed, inspiring and critical colleagues.
Research and services with sustainable impact
HOGENT aims to make a difference in and for society. That is why we are resolutely committed to research and services with a sustainable impact.
- Our experts seek solutions to specific questions from SMEs, companies, non-profit and public authorities and tackle broader societal challenges.
- We provide advice, designs, tools, methods and products that are ecologically, socially and economically sustainable.
- Our experts work in multidisciplinary teams and in co-creation with the professional field, students, policy makers and citizens.
- Through accessible activities (seminars, children universities, science bars, etc.), we put our expertise at the service of everyone. HOGENT research wants to create impact with dissemination, communication and exploitation activities.
Thanks to its research experience and diverse expertise, HOGENT is a frequent partner in European projects. Our contract research, tailor-made advice, seminars and training courses respond to the specific needs of professionals and help them to innovate.
Are you interested in a research collaboration? Contact us at research@HOGENT.be to find the research partner you are looking for. Would you like to collaborate with us on a science communication project? Please contact email@example.com.
Research@HOGENT is clustered
in 12 Research Centres
- 360° Care and Well-being
- Centre for Applied Data Science
- Sustainable land use and mobility
- EQUALITY ResearchCollective
- Futures through Design
- Health and Water Technology
- Research Centre for Learning in Diversity
- Research Centre for Sustainable Organizations
- Substance use and Psychosocial Risk Behaviours
The core research areas of our School of Arts are:
- Creation and creative processes
- Analysis of historical and contemporary art
- Design and performance practices
- Social awareness in the approach to art and design
HR Excellence in Research
HOGENT has obtained the HR Excellence in Research label, which demonstrates HOGENT’s commitment to act in a responsible and respectable way and to provide fair working conditions to researchers.
The HR Strategy for Researchers encompasses four themes:
- Ethical and professional aspects of research activity
- Recruitment and selection of researchers
- Working conditions for HOGENT-personnel, including researchers
- Training and career opportunities for researchers